Hos,dere Caddesi No:198/5
Çankaya 06540 / Ankara
Özge Ilgaz : secretary of LLMBİR
Sema karakuş: general secretary of LLMBİR
Muhit Özcan : president of LLMBİR
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF ORGANISATION:
The Leukemia, Lymphoma, Myeloma Patients Research and Education Society (LLMBIR) has founded in December, 30th, 2011 in Ankara, Turkey. It is a non-profit organization based on equal partnership of doctors, patients and patients’ families. First of all, the mission of the society is the prevention of the blood cancers as a growing health problem and also to help the patients to get the proper diagnose and the cure. In this purpose, LLMBIR conducted the first educational conference in 2012-05-18 to povide free information and update patients and the caregivers on particular subjects; the following day, in 2012-05-19 the doctors and the professional health givers are updated on contemporary treatments. The main objectives of the LLMBIR are listed below:
- To increase the level of knowledge about particular subjects of all sorts of hematologic patients. To protect and secure patients rights. To support and help patients to get the proper treatment in an easiest way. To help patients finding medicine that is out of stock.
- In line of these aims, to conduct activities to inform and manifacture of all kinds of public opinions, persons of interest and institutes.
- To attempt and collaborate to be a member and co-worker of international societies and institutes.
- Working with the international institutes and societies with the aim of incresing the consciousness of the public by recommending cancer screening guidelines and conduct all kinds of activities to prevent hematologic cancers.
- To fund or to create fund and support planning, conducting and developing researches of all kinds of blood cancers foremost Leukemia, Lymphoma and Myeloma.
ca. 100 (Feb 2013)