Pavlonya Sok: 6/20 Kadikoy
Ozgun Tansoker Danaci, Project Manager for CML
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF ORGANISATION:
Esra Ürkmez and Ebru Tontaş are two friends whose fathers were diagnosed with cancer. In search of finding reliable information about nutrition, drugs , side-effects and treatment modalities, they created “Kanserle Dans/Dance with Cancer” blog and Facebook page on April 2012. In a short period of time, due to increasing demand and the rapid growth of the community, they decided to launch an association. “Kanserle Dans Derneği” was officially launched on January 2013 in USA, and on May 2013 in Turkey. The association is growing day by day by adding new dimensions to its services and welcoming new members.
WHY KANSERLE DANS DERNEĞİ/”DANCE WITH CANCER ASSOCIATION” IS DIFFERENT. . .
- We aim to inform the public about cancer, and in order to do so, we make agreements with prestigious cancer centers for the copyright of sources.
- We pay greater attention to the needs of patients and their carers/relatives. The active participation of the members contribute to the association.
- The founders, volunteers, patients and their relatives always stay in touch.
- We answer all questions one by one, in cases of necessity, we ask the experts to make sure you stay well-informed.
- We provide a continuous flow of information to our members, keeping them up to date with new research and developments.
- We provide a warm, family-friendly environment for our community and free counseling to our members at any time during the day.
KEY OBJECTIVES AND KEY INITIATIVES OF ORGANISATION:
- To promote public cancer awareness about cancer screening and early detection within community
- To create a patient-centered cancer treatment planning process
- To provide social and psychological support for the families of patients.
- To raise awareness of cancer and early detection at a national level,
- To provide cancer patients and their carers with a wide spectrum of information during the treatment and aftercare
- To offer medical and psychological support during the treatment and post-treatment period.
- To build bridges between physicians and patients
- To make a contribution to formulate the national cancer control programme policy
- To make joint efforts with other cancer organizations and other nonprofits
approx. 50.000 patients & relatives (May 2014)