CONTACT INFORMATION:Slovenian lymphoma and leukemia patient association, L&L
KEY CONTACT:Milena Remic
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF ORGANIZATION:Slovenian Lymphoma and Leukemia Patient Association, L&L, was founded in May 2007 and is connecting patients, relatives, friends, medicine profesionals etc. It is a non-profit organization. L&L is a member of Lymphoma Coalition and Myeloma Euronet. Slovenia is a small country with 2.000.000 population and with one hundred of CML patients. Country Slovenia is a member of European Union and is located between Italy, Austria, Hungary and Croatia.
KEY OBJECTIVES AND INITIATIVES:L&L's main goals are:
- make people aware of lymphoma, leukemia and other blood diseases,
- provide support for patients and their families,
- provide a better access to new treatments and clinical trials,
- assure a complete care for the patients during and after the treatment,
- influence the slovenian health care policy and
- promote a healthy way of living.