CONTACT INFORMATION:Max Family
A3-03-01, Blok A
Jalan Mewah 1/3
68000 Ampang,s Selangor
KEY CONTACT:ABD RAZAK MUHAMAD (President)
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF ORGANIZATION:MaxFamily was formed on July 2006 by a group of people who want to make a difference in people living with CML, by supporting each others in possible ways. MF realized that patient support groups have became one of the established resources of health care in most of the western countries, but in many other countries, including Malaysia, support groups are still considered as a fledgling approach. Supports from various aspects from people around are very significant in helping someone who is diagnosed with CML to overcome challenges, improving the quality of life, as well as survival rates.
- To help & support each other in various aspects, including information, emotion and psychosocial.
- To create awareness about CML among patients (care givers & family members) specifically and among public generally.
- To promote self-empowerment & advocacy among patients, care givers & family members.
- To serve as 'reference centre' to all local CML patients.
- To coordinate activities for CML patients locally
- Workshops: Covers educational talk and followed by group discussion with the hematologist which are conducted in various languages, taking into consideration of Malaysian's multi-races culture. Also covers motivational session. Held 4 times a year (3 months apart)
- Bulletins: 3 monthly issues covering CML related and emotional/psychosocial supports articles, highlights on past event and information on future events.
- Educational pamphlets: Covers various aspects on disease information, nutrition etc.