Name: BOUKARY ABDOUL NASSER
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF ORGANIZATION:
ASSOCIATION DE LUTTE CONTRE LES LEUCEMIES AU NIGER" IS A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION, WHO WORKS ON BEHALF OF PATIENTS WITH LEUKEMIA IN NIGER. SHE RECOGNIZED BY THE GOVERNMENT OF NIGER. SINCE IT IS DECEMBER 2010. THE MAJORITY OF MEMBERS OF PATIENT ARE LIVING WITH LEUKEMIA. THE PRESIDENT OF THE ORGANIZATION IS A PATIENT OF LEUKEMIA. THE ORGANIZATION'S HEADQUARTERS IS IN NIAMEY, REPUBLIC OF NIGER.
KEY OBJECTIVES AND KEY INITIATIVES OF ORGANISATION
The overall objective of the association is to contribute to:
- The fight against leukemia;
- Make known leukemia;
- Improve the lives of patients with leukemia;
- Reducing the morbidity and mortality rates associated with leukemic diseases in the population of Niger;
- The identification of leukemia patients on the territory of Niger;
- Management of goods and products against leukemia donated or acquired on behalf of the association.
To achieve these objectives, the Association will:
- To inform and sensitize national opinion and the medical profession through forums and conferences with the support of the media or other appropriate means;
- To organize and support campaigns for screening and prevention of leukemia;
- Raising available diagnostic and therapeutic procedures;
- Work towards the establishment of educational institution and research on leukemia;
To work with individuals and / or entities involved in the fight and in scientific research and social education on leukemias.
Number of members or patients organisation represents today
260 (as per Feb 2015)