List of Groups
CONTACT INFORMATION:Mailing/Postal Address:
PO Box 2126 Windsor
Telephone: 61 7 3866 4000
Facsimile: 61 7 3866 4011
KEY CONTACT:Name: Dr Anna Williamson
Position: General Manager Research, Advocacy and Patient Care
- To foster research into the cause, cure, therapy and/or effects of or treatments for haematological malignancies and related disorders through the provision of grants, equipment, fellowships and scholarships.
- To support and assist people living with leukaemia, lymphoma, myeloma and related blood disorders through the provision of free information and support, referral to specialised services, education programs, accommodation, patient transport and practical assistance including financial assistance.
- To provide facilities for and to advocate for the optimum care and treatment of patients, groups of patients, their carers, or others involved in the provision of care, treatment and therapeutics.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF ORGANIZATION:The Leukaemia Foundation is the only national not-for-profit organisation in Australia dedicated to the care and cure of patients and families living with leukaemias, lymphomas, myeloma and related blood disorders.
AUDIENCE/CONSTITUENCY:People living with haematological malignancies and related disorders, the health sector and industries involved in the care of people with haematological malignancies,
donors, sponsors, partners, general public and government.
NUMBER OF MEMBERS:several hundred
COUNTRIES IN WHICH ORGANIZATION HAS A SIGNIFICANT MEMBERSHIP BASE:Australia
WAYS OF COMMUNICATING WITH CONSTITUENCY:Face to face provision of information and support, letters (electronic and hard copy), telephone, website, events, reports, information and other publications, education programs and conference calls.
- National Research Program â€“ research grants, fellowships and scholarships
- National suite of "disease specific" and "coping with" education programs for people living with haematological malignancies and for health professionals involved with the care of patients and their families
- Portfolio of information and educational materials (books, booklets, videos, audios, facts sheets and position statements available on line and in hard copy
Scientific Literature on Generics and Copies