Application for Scholarship / Conference Grant
CML Horizons 2017 will take place in Frankfurt, Germany. All participants are expected to cover their own travel costs to Frankfurt and to pay the conference fee which covers accommodation, local transportation from airport and back, food, drinks and the cost of the conference.
We encourage everyone to seek sponsors in early 2017 to cover the travel and conferecne costs. However we acknowledge that not everybody is able to find an organisation or sponsor to participate in CML Horizons 2017.
Therefore, a limited number of 25 scholarships, full or partial, are available for patient advocates who are interested in attending the conference and who cannot find sponsors for their attendance. Applications for these scholarships are invited from interested advocates. Those that are granted will receive an economy class return ticket to Frankfurt and will not need to pay the conference fee.
To be eligible for scholarship, candidates should:
- Be a staff member or volunteer of an established CML patient organization that is a member of CML Advocates Network,
- Be in a country where a local sponsor is unavailable to support attendance at the conference OR be an individual who is in the process of setting up a CML patient organization where regulations prohibit local sponsoring his/her attendance at the conference.
- Hold a position where they can shape ongoing advocacy activities and initiate new ones
- Be proficient in English
- Preference will be given to applicants coming from countries with limited resources.
We are offering two different types of scholarships, which will be given according to the needs of each applicant.
- Full scholarship: This scholarship will cover both the flight costs and an exemption from the conference fee.
- Partial scholarship: This scholarship will cover either the flight costs or the conference fee.
Interested advocates should submit a CMLHZ17_Scholarship_Application_Form.docx by 1st April 2017. Please email your application to Mima at email:
The CML Horizons Steering Committee members will review and prioritize all applications received. Applicants will be informed whether they will receive a grant, and whether it is a full or partial grant, As soon as possible. According to our policy there is maximum of 1 scholarship per patients organization.