Associação Brasileira de Linfoma e Leucemia, “ABRALE”
ABRALE is a non-profit organization, with national coverage, created in 2002 by patients and their families with the mission of offering help and mobilizing partners so that everyone with cancer and blood diseases has access to the best treatment.
Patients and their friends and families, healthcare professionals, associations and institutions, private sector, public agency representatives, students, journalists and the media.
Ways of communication with constituency:
In-person appointments, telephone, e-mail, social media, website, magazines, events, campaigns, and workshops.
Organizational objectives and key programs
Our organizational objectives are:
- Improve health outcomes and access to diagnosis, so that appropriate treatment and quality of life are offered for everyone with cancer in Brazil.
Our key programs are:
- [Patient Services]: Specialized professionals offer support and free services to patients in Brazil clarifying doubts about cancer and treatments, offering medical, psychological, legal and nutritional assistance as well.
- [Public Policies]: We act intensely in advocacy close to the Minister of Health and responsible agencies, aiming to improve the promotion, humanization and access of oncology treatments in order to improve their outcomes in Brazil.
- [Education and Information]: We use different channels (magazines, social networks, websites, webinars, booklets) to inform patients and family members about cancer and treatments. Awareness campaigns bring the importance of early diagnosis to our population. With the online education project, Onco Ensino, we also offer training to health professionals, including physicians.
- [Research and Monitoring]: The Oncology Observatory, an online platform and dynamic monitoring of public open data enable the evaluation of health policies and their application in society. Research studies with patients, health professionals and physicians bring us relevant real-world evidence.
Pinheiros, São Paulo - SP