Blodcancerförbundet, the Swedish Blood Cancer Association, was founded in 1982 and has around 4700 members. Our members have all kinds of blood cancer diseases and consist of both patients and relatives. We are a non-profit, politically- and religiously independent organization built on democratic principles consisting of 14 local organizations spread all across the country. Our main purpose is to foster the needs of those affected by blood cancer or other serious blood diseases. Our mission consists of 3 pillars; good/equivalent treatment to everybody in Sweden with a blood cancer disease (independent of where they live), to increase the knowledge of what it is like to live in Sweden today with blood cancer, and to promote research within the field of hematology. We also dispose of a fund – ”The Blood Cancer Fund”, that three times a year distributes grants mainly to research within the field of hematology.
Organizational objectives and key programs
Our organizational objectives are:
- That all blood cancer patients are offered the best possible care.
- To ensure that Swedish patients are offered the latest and most efficient treatments.
- To raise awareness of what it is like to live with or be affected by blood cancer.
- To offer support for those who live with or are affected by blood cancer.
- To work for both equal care as well as more room for patient preference.
Board of Directors
Year of establishment
CMLAN member since
No. of members