CML-GIST Betegek Egyesülete
After its previous activities, the association decided to renew in 2012. Since then the together day, a free conference in Budapest with lectures, patient-doctor meetings, and other community programs is organized every year (2013-). We regularly invite well-known personalities who talk about the everyday life of their illnesses. The event series CML-gist consulting – running since 2016 – creates personal and public space and opportunity in rural towns for patients and doctors to discuss current issues, questions, and other subjects about the diseases (Debrecen, Győr, Gyula, Szeged, Veszprém 2016-18). By the years of experience, the association has recognized the necessity of a printed CML-gist handbook, the first of its kind in Hungary. The book was published in 2020 realized as the result of a collaboration between the association and experts specialized in the diseases.
Organizational objectives and key programs
Our organizational objectives are:
- To raise awareness about CML and GIST.
- To provide information on the treatment options in CML and GIST.
- To raise awareness about the problems and needs of these small patient groups.
- To address the problems of the patients, and help find solutions.
- To represent the interests of CML and GIST patients.
Our key programs are:
Board of Directors
Year of establishment
CMLAN member since
No. of members