Community of Oncohematological Patients (COHP) KRAUJAS
Since 2002 a non-profit, non-government organization ‘Kraujas’ unites patients with oncohematological diseases, their relatives, medical specialists, and everyone who supports the ideas of its activities, volunteering, and bone marrow and blood donation.
Association ‘Kraujas’ actively participates in health politics in Lithuania, represents oncohematological patients’ needs, speaks out for important issues related to oncohematological diseases, presents concerns that patients are facing, and seeks constructive and effective dialogue between patients and health politics.
Association ‘Kraujas’ seeks to ensure accessibility of psychological support for oncological patients and their relatives. Psychological support is provided for patients during treatment or in remission, recovered patients who are having difficulties returning to the ordinary life rhythm, patients’ relatives as well as people who are experiencing grief and loss.
Oncohematological patients and their relatives; oncological patients and their relatives; medicine specialists.
Organizational objectives and key programs
Our organizational objectives are:
- To seek for a constructive and efficient dialogue between patients, physicians and health politicians.
- To continuously and responsibly educate patients, promote their activity and interest in their disease and modern treatment options.
- To educate society and legislators on the advances in medicine, eliminate popular stigmata.
- To support development and advance in oncohematological support.
- To provide and develop rehabilitation, oncohematologic and social integration of patients with oncohematological, oncological and rare diseases and their relatives.
Vilniaus raj. LT-08661