Romania: “Fighting and Preventing Lymphoma and Leukemia” Leukemia Association
Leukemia Association, created in December 2005, has a main goal of representing patientsâ€™ rights and interests. It also fights for promoting medical education concerning the diseases had in view, and addressing issues and concerns of patients to authorities and healthcare system institutions.
Low income population
WAYS OF COMMUNICATING WITH CONSTITUENCY:
Publications, website, conference calls
Organizational objectives and key programs
- Creating databases on leukemia patients
- Awareness program on patients rights
- Creating a data base with the patients to maintain an accurate view of the way the disease affects the low income population.
- Working on improving relations with doctors, healthcare and other institutions representatives involved in this specific area
- Working on improving the healthcare system on distributing medication regardless of any social boundaries
Et. 6, Ap. 14, Sect. 1,
No. of members