Fundación Colombiana de Leucemia y Linfoma (FCL)
We are a none profit organization founded in 2007, staffed by professionals committed to providing psychosocial support, information, advocacy and advisory to children, youngsters with cancer and adults with leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma and other hemato-oncological diseases, as well as to their caregivers and families, in all related to their diagnosis, self-care and health system.
To achieve our aims we carry out awareness campaigns, congresses, educational days, support groups, research studies, and advocacy, among other activities. We work in collaboration with several health care centers in the cities of Bogotá, Cartagena, and other cities in the country.
Each year we impact the lives of nearly 400 children with cancer and their families, as well as 1,500 adults with leukemia, lymphoma, or myeloma.
Funcolombiana promotes a philosophy of love for life and re significance of the cancer experience. We are Life Inspirers.
Organizational objectives and key programs
Our organizational objectives are:
- Provide information and education to patients and caregivers in relation to their diagnosis, self-care, and health system.
- Give emotional support to the patient and their caregiver, through individual strategies and support groups.
- Identify access barriers to the health system and mobilize actions to achieve greater opportunity in health care.
- Promote awareness campaigns on the importance of timely diagnosis.
- Develop research studies to provide knowledge about the patient’s experience.
Our key programs are:
- Patient and caregiver education program.
- Psychosocial support program.
- Line of research.
- The annual awareness campaign “What runs through my veins”.
- Childhood and youth cancer program.
Bogotá, D.C 111121
Board of Directors
Year of establishment
CMLAN member since
No. of members
Bogotá, D.C 111121