Colombia: Fundación Esperanza Viva (Hope Alive Foundation)
Our foundation is a not-for-profit organization legally established in march 2007, whose objectives are to advise patients and relatives with haematological and oncological patologies.
Organizational objectives and key programs
We work in four main areas: scientific advisory, legal advocacy, emotional support, and recreational activities.
- Scientific advisory – We provide information through talks and printed materials about the disease in a simple language.
- Legal advocacy – To help the patient to demand their rights to the insurance companies and the state health system.
- Emotional Support – Through hearing, understanding, and advicing we help patients to cope with their disease.
- Recreational Activities – We offer leisure activities to help build strong bonds between patients and caregivers.
- “Knowing my rights and my health system”
- “Emotional self-control”
- “Information and Educational activities directed to schools to which sick children attend”
- “Cancer survivors” helping patients and caregivers
The whole range of our services is entirely free.
Board of Directors
Year of establishment
No. of members