If you, or a loved one, are living with CML & GIST, you are not alone. It’s a difficult time. Dealing with treatment and its side effects can be a struggle for both patients and families. Juggling family, professional and financial responsibilities can be overwhelming. Coping with the emotional burden can be exhausting. Too often the practical and medical issues push the psychological issues aside. Patients often keep their deepest fears and worries to themselves, reluctant to share thoughts of hopelessness with family members who are supporting and caring for them. Caregivers and loved ones will keep some of their most private emotions to themselves as well, protecting the patient from feelings of anxiety, despair, and even anger.
KIRAN is a place where both patients and family members will find support, education and hope. Support groups address emotional issues for patients and families. Educational workshops get important questions answered in a non-clinical setting. Stress management programs enhance health and well being. Every program is offered free of charge. All are lead by professionals licensed in their fields of expertise. We do not offer medical treatments, alternative treatments, or hospice care. Our services are offered as a compliment to conventional treatment, although anyone undergoing any kind of cancer care is welcome. People come at diagnosis, during or at the end of treatment, at recurrence or several years out of treatment. They all come to learn they are not alone in their fight–whether for physical, emotional or spiritual recovery. Together, they regain a sense of control over their lives and ultimately discover that hope is a valuable tool irrespective of the stage of disease.
Organizational objectives and key programs
Our organizational objectives are:
- Reducing the CML & GIST mortality rate by focusing on individual behaviors, public policy, and provide support to underprivileged communities.
- Creating awareness more accessible for people in medically underserved communities.
- Creating an energizing and productive environment that care providers and volunteers want to join.
- Collaborating with partners to maximize the effectiveness and reach of the CML & GIST awareness programs and message.
- Disbursing grants, assistance and other financial support to deserving CML & GIST patients.
Our key programs are:
- WEEKLY SUPPORT GROUPS
- MONTHLY DISEASE SPECIFIC NETWORKING GROUPS
- HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
- SOCIAL PROGRAMS
- FUND RAISING