Poland: The Association for Blood Cancer Patients Aid (Stowarzyszenie Pomocy Chorym na Nowotwory Krwi)
On December 12, 2006 it was registered Association for Help for Patients with Blood Cancer in Zamość. It is an initiative that supports patients of the Department of Hematology Zamojskiego Szpitala Niepublicznych Sp. z o.o .. Supports patients with blood cancer The main goal of the Association’s activities is to help patients of the Hematology Department of Zamojski Szpital Niepubliczny Sp. z o.o. through, among others:
- collecting funds for the purchase of diagnostic equipment
- and medical equipment for the treatment of patients,
- help with the supply of drugs,
- informing and educating patients and their families in the field of blood cancers,
- improving the conditions of hospitalization in the ward,
- promoting bone marrow donation.
The Association is a member of the Polish Coalition of Cancer Patient Organizations and the international organization CML Advocates Network.
Organizational objectives and key programs
Our organizational objectives are:
- Collecting funds for the purchase of diagnostic equipment necessary for the diagnosis of the disease and medical equipment for the treatment of patients.
- Provision of assistance to patients qualified for bone marrow transplantation operations in Poland and, in justified cases, abroad,
- Helping the sick in the supply of drugs necessary for their modern treatment,
- Establishing and running an Information Center for patients and their families,
- Conducting occasional publishing activities,
- Efforts to improve the conditions of hospitalization of patients at the Department of Hematology of Zamojski Szpitala Niepubliczny Sp. Z o.o. or a branch continuing its activities
- Promotion of bone marrow donation,
- Promotion and support of activities aimed at helping in the fight against disease, especially cancer,
- Assistance in improving the professional qualifications of medical personnel involved in the treatment of patients,
- Providing any other help to the sick deemed necessary by the members of the Association.
- Help for the elderly and the disabled.
u. Peowiaków 1
22-400 Zamość, Polska/Poland
Year of establishment
No. of members