CML Society of Canada
Established in 2006, the CML (chronic myelogenous leukemia) Society of Canada provides support, education and information on CML, current and emerging treatments and research initiatives for people living with CML and their families. The mission of the CML Society is to help reduce suffering and improve care and the quality of life of CML patients.
- Treatment of CML has drastically extended survival with the advent of targeted tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKI). The CML Society of Canada, acts as the eyes, ears and voice of its CML community, working to change the treatment paradigm as well as the course of this disease while supporting its constituents.
- The CML Society of Canada also supports organizations in their effort into finding a cure for CML.
CML Patients and their families.
Ways of communication with constituency:
Emails, Zoom, in-person events (in non-pandemic times)
Organizational objectives and key programs
Our organizational objectives are:
- Canada has universal healthcare, but it does not include pharmaceuticals. Our main objective is to ensure that Canadians get access to the National Pharmacare program.
- Educate patients and non-patients about CMLs.
Our key programs are:
- Teaching patients how to advocate for themselves
- Teaching patients how to communicate with provincial and federal policymakers.
Beaconsfield, Quebec, H9W 6C7