HEMA-ONKO – Association dedicated to cancer patients and their caregivers
Association HEMA is dedicated to changing outcomes of patients with hematology diseases and support for caregivers by strengthening patient advocacy in this area. It aims to deliver tailored support to patients and caregivers on a national level while joining forces with institutions (Government and non-governmental), Physicians, and other organizations to review and assist with the reform on healthcare policies and research across the country and provide our patients with current therapies and better quality of life.
Patients and caregivers.
Ways of communication with constituency
Via phone and email.
Organizational objectives and key programs
Our organizational objectives are:
- Advocating for better treatment, care & access to health care services.
- Providing a platform for patients and caregivers to be able to come together and share their concerns and grievances;
- Improving education for healthcare professionals serving hematology patients with special accent on hematological malignancies;
- Collaborating with other initiatives and stakeholders with similar goals;
- Lobbying for access to the latest therapy for hematological malignancies in the country.
Our key programs are:
- Organization & holding approx. bimonthly or quarterly support workshops/support groups in regional areas for patients with hematological malignancies and separate workshops/support groups for their caregivers.
- Active social media and web page activities in regards to hematological malignancies.
- Blood Cancer Awareness Month Activities.
- Composing, designing, and printing of booklets regards blood cancers.
- Digital platform for patients and caregivers with blood cancers.
ul.Metodija Shatorov Sharlo br.17/1-50,
Vice President and Communications Manager
+389 70 349 550
+389 78 201 804
Board of Directors
Year of establishment
CMLAN member since
No. of members